Wednesday, June 17, 2009

freezing our baseballs off

P1040101Hunter and Sauce have graduated from T-Ball and have moved on to coach pitch this year.  Luckily, they are on the same team so I don't have double the carpooling.

Also, I don't have double the sitting in the stands freezing my butt off and pulling out all the lollipops tricks to entertain two little ones.

We have had such a wet and chilly June.  It has rained nearly every day for over two weeks now - and we are supposed to live in a desert!  I have never seen this much rain in seven and a half years here!

So this year, baseball has not been that much fun for me (but don't tell my little Tigers).

P1040105New to me this year, the boys got their first cups.  I completely avoided this like the plague deferred to my hubby on this one and sent them shopping.

I don't think I need to go into detail about the comments and antics that came about when these boys wore their "protection."

Use your imagination.

Let's just say there was a lot of "knocking" going on.

Here are a few shots from my perch.  I don't move around much because all of the fleece and blankets get in my way.

P1040100

P1040104

P1040098

P1040099

6 comments:

Natallee said...

Great Pictures! I love that the boys get to be on the same team- I wish we could do that here! But I agree- this cold weather is putting a damper on the "Fun Outdoor" sports this "Summer"....

Anonymous said...

cute pictures!

we just talked about what a "cup" was with luke a few days ago...it got a lot of giggles.

Anderson, Party of Five! said...

Rob still knocks on his. Just making sure it's going to do the trick, I guess.

Carrie said...

Love the title, you make me laugh

Natalie said...

The cups! Yep, a whole new world to me, too. Hilarious!

Candis Daugherty said...

Hey, I'm a little late getting to this, but I had to laugh because Cade also had to purchase his first "protection" this year for baseball. They only had to wear it if they were catching and his catcher's gear was so huge on him that I am quite certain there was no way that any ball would ever find it's way to that region of his body...but anyway...he had maybe worn his cup for a game or two when we were walking out of the park and he reaches in his pants, pulls out his cup, and hands it to me! I was mortified!! I can't tell you how many places I found that thing, but finding it in my purse never made me happy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin