Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vivy and Livy

viv7 Well, last week I couldn't blog about anything because my sister was in labor and my heart was with her, not here on the keyboard. I have been savoring every picture that has come to my screen of my new niece, so now I will share them with you!

Vivian Elise was born last Tuesday, August 19th. She weighed in at 8 lb. 11 oz. and 21.5 in. long. Amy had a completely natural labor and delivery in the hospital and is doing great now at home recovering.

I am going to see her in a couple weeks and I can't wait to get my hands on the little munchkin!

Vivian's twin sister, our sweet little Butterfly, arrived shortly after her. Amy and Terry gave her the name Olivia Kate, which is particularly sweet to me and I can't post about it without crying because Kate is my middle name.

Olivia weighed 10 oz. and was 10 in. long.

Although I wasn't there, I was told that everyone got to visit with Olivia and say tender goodbyes to her that day.

On a really sweet sidenote, Amy and Terry went to the funeral home a couple of days ago to arrange the cremation of Olivia's body. The funeral director spoke with them about options for the ashes after the cremation, and mentioned that if they planned to bury them, why not just have a burial to begin with?

Enter suspicions that funeral director is trying to make a few extra bucks.

Wrong.

When they asked how much a burial would cost, he explained that 15 years ago his wife was pregnant with twin boys and lost one twin.

The plot at the cemetery would be $75 and the rest "was taken care of."

They were as shocked as you are. When they tried to respond with some chain of words that might make sense, he simply said, "If I could change things for you, I would, but this is what I can do."

There are truly kind people in this world and it is nice to be reminded.

Olivia Kate will be buried this Thursday, August 28th at 1 p.m. central time. Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers.

And enjoy the pictures.

andersonfamily

amyandvivy

sleepy1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! YUM! What a sweet blessing.

Anonymous said...

congrats to Amy and Terry!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet angel. I know that you are dying to get your hands on smooshy bundle of goodness. My heart aches for Amy and Terry as they bury their sweet Olivia Kate. Please let them know I am praying great peace and comfort for them!

Anonymous said...

what an adorable little girl. she is a doll baby! thanks for sharing. - and what a sweet name for their little "butterfly". she was named after a great aunt : )
praying for them all!

Anonymous said...

Laurie...thinking of you and your sis. What a cute munchkin!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet Vivian! Love the name!

That funeral director made my eyes fill with tears.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin