- We inherited an outdoor cat to solve our mouse problems from some friends who moved away. Our outdoor cat has suddenly become an indoor-sleep-on-Rufus's-bed-22-hours-of-the-day-until-I-put-her-out cat.
My husband likesWe like her though.
- I've decided that my favorite daytime listening Pandora station is "70's easy listening" - there is rarely a song I don't love. I know, I should work in a doctor's office.
- I'm seeing my sweet Squirt blossom at four and a half years old. I agonized over the thought of him going to Kindergarten this fall, but now I think he's really ready.
- Two weeks ago a dear friend and I set up a "let's meet for dinner
come hell or high water" night. That night was last night. It was blissful. We ate lots of food including fried green tomatoes. We talked and talked and laughed until the restaurant closed and then we walked to my car, I drove her to her car, and we talked for another 30+ minutes. I left with a smile on my face. It was a treat.
- Fifth grade homework sucks. I hate that projects become MY work and I wind up caring more about his responsibilities than he does. Then again, I thought that midnight feedings sucked until I was on my third and fourth child and then they were easy. So maybe fifth grade will be like that. Or maybe not.
- I hate the school science fair. Please refer to my previous bullet.
- My kids are so hungry when they come home from school. Today I have dinner prepared for them at 3:30 so we can eat for real and then a snack later. I'll report back with how that works.
- One of my older children still wets the bed at night and I've gotten my hands on a "potty pager" to try to train the stubborn child out of the habit. Last night was the dry run, except it wasn't dry, it was wet, more than once, and he hates wearing it. I hate pee, so there.
- The first part of January was spent painting Mrs. Nesbit's room, and since we've lived in this house six and a half years and I've been looking at dingy not-so-white walls and ugly light fixtures in my bedroom, I just decided to push on through and paint that room too (which happens to be a rather large bedroom). Ceiling, trim, walls, outlets, light switches, and light fixtures are all new now. I was an aching, messy, paint covered, non-showering woman on a mission for an entire week, but it is done and I love it! Now we are drooling over the thought of new carpet, and I hate to drool.
- Because I know you're wondering, our adoption paperwork is in the final stages and we look on track to leave for China on March 14th. My waves of anxiety have started regarding our/her transition and I'm clinging to the proven fact that God works good through the hard stuff in life. Not that I wish it to be hard, but I want more of God for sure, so pretty much I can't lose, right?
- The ski season has been a total BUST so far and I am actually praying for several big, powdery snow storms to crush our little town so that I can frolic on the slopes sufficiently before I bring a precious two year-old home from China. Have you ever known me to pray for snow? It's bad, people.