Sunday, February 20, 2011

another date

Remember my date with Grace??

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting another one of my purely online friends.  I had been reading her blog for quite some time when, unfortunately, a great tragedy struck and our lives were connected beyond blogs and mothering boys.

Kathy is my friend Darcy's sister in-law.  Darcy gave birth to a sweet little boy a couple of weeks ago and Kathy came in from the middle of nowhere Nebraska for a visit.

Guess who insisted upon being her airport shuttle????

P1030154

Despite only getting to hang out with her for less than an hour, I so enjoyed meeting face to face and sealing our long distance friendship with a hug!

Stay tuned, because in a few months I have a date to meet this mom of boys face to face for the first time.  We've only been putting "hope to someday share a cup of coffee" notes in our Christmas cards for about three years now!  Can't wait Nicole!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

CouldIlookmorelikeIjustcamefromtheairport?!?!?!??! Yikes.

You are so, so beautiful Laurie. You know that right? Jed asked me if it was awkward {like we're online dating?!;o)} and I told him it was like seeing an old friend. And it was. And it is. You are dear. It was far too short. So thankful our lives will always connect. {And I would be happy to do much the same for you when you come to visit the Siberian neighborhood}

So fun you're going to meet Nicole! Love it.

Stay tuned for a shout out lady. Holla. Love to you. Thank you again, so much.

Natallee said...

YOu amaze me. You are so kind and loving to all you meet! That is why I love you so much!

Mama Shoe said...

You are just the coolest mama--everyone wants to meet you!

One thing I know for sure, once they meet you, they will miss you.
Miss ya, girl!

Anonymous said...

oh! i wish i could have been there to meet you BOTH at the same time! :)

can't wait to meet up, laurie!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin